Lindsay Lohan was in the hot seat on Thursday's "Watch What Happens Live" when host Andy Cohen grilled the actress about her sexual conquest list that includes names like Zac Efron, Justin Timberlake, Colin Farrell, Heath Ledger, James Franco and Adam Levine. "That was actually my fifth step in AA at Betty Ford," she explained. One actor who did deny the list was Franco, who shot down his inclusion on Lindsay's list in March while speaking with Los Angeles Magazine about his new poetry book.
By Barbara Liston ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - A Florida man annoyed that his 16-month-old crying son was preventing him from playing video games suffocated the toddler and left him to die in a playpen, police said on Friday. Cody Wygant, 24, was arrested on Thursday on charges of third-degree murder, which is an unplanned killing, and child neglect with great bodily harm, the Citrus County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman, Heather Yates, said. Wygant, who is from Homosassa, located about 92 miles west of Orlando, told investigators that he was trying to play Xbox games online at 1 a.m. on Thursday and became frustrated by his son, Daymeon, who was crying uncontrollably, according to the arrest affidavit. Wygant said he placed his hand over the boy's mouth and nose for three to four minutes until the child appeared exhausted and lethargic.
Primed for a multi-platform launch the week of April 29, movie tie-in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is now without an Xbox One version, after the new console's edition of the game was pulled with less than two weeks to go. Australian website Gamers Honest Truth was told by "sources close to Activision" that the Xbox One edition had been delayed indefinitely. And members of internet forum NeoGAF then followed up on the news and noticed that the Xbox One game's release had been quietly erased from its own official website. With trade news outlet MCV on the trail, Activision then confirmed that Beenox's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" had been put on indefinite hiatus -- "we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One.
The true story about an Italian Jew who grew up to become an Augustinian monk is to be produced by Steven Spielberg, with the "Schindler's List" man also in contention to direct. Also on board is Tony Kushner, who wrote the scripts for Spielberg's "Lincoln" and "Munich," though writing is "in the early stages," and will be adapting the David Kertzer novel for DreamWorks and the Weinstein Company, reports Variety. With Spielberg's last film, "Lincoln," having been released in 2012 and "Edgardo Morata" some way off, what's next for the Oscar-winning director? He's also on board for Latin American historical epic "Montezuma," still being written by Steve Zaillian of "Schindler's List," "Gangs of New York" and "Moneyball."
By Chris Michaud NEW YORK (Reuters) - Music and movies played together even before sound revolutionized film during its infancy, and so it is at the Tribeca Film Festival where the documentary lineup is heavy on musical subjects, from hip hop star Nas to shock rocker Alice Cooper. And while documentaries have traditionally comprised as much as half of Tribeca's scores of offerings, films about musicians Bjork, Grateful Dead guitarist Bob Weir, James Brown and others have lent this year's festival a decidedly tuneful air. "We never program to an agenda," said Tribeca's director of programming, Genna Terranova.
Clint Eastwood's period piece "Jersey Boys" charts the phenomenal success of 1960s rock 'n' roll vocal group The Four Seasons. Based on the multithreaded Tony-winning musical play, "Jersey Boys" was reworked for cinema by "Gladiator," "The Aviator" and "Hugo" screenplay writer John Logan. Slipping into the shoes of charismatic lead singer Frankie Valli is John Lloyd Young, who already won a Tony and a Grammy for the same portrayal in the Broadway musical. Christopher Walken appears as crime boss Angelo DeCarlo, while "Boardwalk Empire" actor Vincent Piazza can be seen as Tommy DeVito, part of Valli's group, alongside two other vocalists from the stage production, Erich Bergen and Michael Lomenda.
Microsoft said Thursday it has sold more than five million XBox One consoles since they were launched in November. The news came a day after video game competitor Sony said it had sold more than seven million PlayStation 4 consoles since mid-November. Sony's numbers refer to sales to consumers while Microsoft's involve sales to retailers. Sales of XBox One were 60 percent higher than those of Microsoft's earlier iteration XBox 360 during the same length of time after it hit the market, Yusuf Medhi, vice president of marketing, strategy and business, wrote on the Microsoft blog in announcing the figures.
Sony on Thursday announced that it sold over 7 million PlayStation 4 units, significantly more than what it envisioned for its fiscal year 2013. Microsoft made its own announcement yesterday as well, highlighting the strong sales of Titanfall, a shooter game that’s not available on the PS4, and which was named the number one selling game in March according to NPD numbers. However, while Titanfall has helped Microsoft sell more Xbox One units, it wasn’t enough to keep Xbox One sales on par with PS4 sales. The company also announced that more than 5 million Xbox One units have been sold-in to retailers since launch, with sales apparently outpacing Xbox 360 sales by more than 60% at the same point
Microsoft said it has sold more than five million XBox One consoles since they were launched in November. The news came a day after video game competitor Sony said it had sold more than seven million PlayStation 4 consoles since mid-November. Sony's numbers refer to sales to consumers while Microsoft's involve sales to retailers. Sales of XBox One were 60 percent higher than those of Microsoft's earlier iteration XBox 360 during the same length of time after it hit the market, Yusuf Medhi, vice president of marketing, strategy and business, wrote on the Microsoft blog in announcing the figures.
By Dana Feldman and Eric Kelsey LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A man who has sued filmmaker Bryan Singer, the director of the upcoming blockbuster action film "X-Men: Days of Future Past," for allegedly raping him as a teenager said on Thursday that his claims of sexual abuse went unheeded by authorities. Michael Egan, 31, who was an aspiring teen actor, said he and his mother told the Los Angeles Police Department and the FBI in late 1999 and 2000 that Egan was being abused by an underage sex ring. "What happened was basically it fell on deaf ears," Egan said a news conference seated next to his attorney, Jeff Herman. "We didn't get anywhere and then I basically buried it in me as deep as I possibly could." Herman filed a civil lawsuit on Wednesday in federal court in Hawaii, alleging that Singer, 48, used his influence as a Hollywood insider as well as a range of drugs and alcohol to force anal and oral sex on Egan while promising him film roles.